Flugel horn
  • Flugelia

Flugel horn

by Flugelia » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:01 pm

Flugel horn is one of my fav instruments, and trombone and euphonium.
    Flugel has a very sweet sound, never starting suddenly.
    But sometimes on the radio, it is not always easy to make a distinction between flugel and cornet... in some pièces... Maybe some of you will be angry by reading me !
    Then tell me how I can never do a mistake !
    admin
    Site Admin

Re: Flugel horn

by admin » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:51 am

They will not get mad at you on my watch! They can disagree with what you say, but I will not have personal attacks. The Flugel is a beautiful instrument. The baritone, euphonium, and trombone all play (mostly) in the range of a tenor voice which is pleasant.

But, IMO, one of the great things about brass bands is that 33 people can play together and make an ever so sweet of a sound. I was seeing my physician today, and he asked about my shirt (I own about 10 All Brass Radio polo shirts) and I told him about the station.

Only in brass banding can 33 people play a test piece, a classical piece, a pop piece, a march, folk songs, and traditional bandstand tunes. What a plethora! Brass banding is very unique.

Jim
  • Flugelia

You are right Jim !Re: Flugel horn

by Flugelia » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:36 pm

A brass band can consolate you, tell you that it sits a while with you, and immediately after give you the order to go further ! My fav music !